MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spammer got past security....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Spammer got past forum security defenses...

Spammer was flagged by: Spamalyser

This post was automatically flagged as potential spam.
Calculated spam weighting: 14.2530132649

Does anyone know if there is a plugin to place
capatcha or something before anyone can actually
post? I thought I had seen it, but cant be sure....

Good Job Spamalyser
Some spam you just can't stop - they could be human.
I know it.

I want to try everything I can...

(2012-03-01, 03:10 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Some spam you just can't stop - they could be human.

(2012-03-01, 03:19 AM)dsimms Wrote: [ -> ]I know it.

I want to try everything I can...

I got the impression that you block most successfully but one got through. If that's the case, it's most likely a human spammer. Nothing can stop those, it's like me signing up on your forum - so you won't stop them registering. But you can stop them posting links (visit the thread weBex posted) and can stop them posting links in their signatures and profile page.

I don't know if it is a good idea for you, but you can make a new subforum like SPAM or BIN, or CHICK-CHAT and they can post only there. I saw this ways in some forums.
(2012-03-08, 08:49 PM)J111 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it is a good idea for you, but you can make a new subforum like SPAM or BIN, or CHICK-CHAT and they can post only there. I saw this ways in some forums.

You can't really force spammers to post in forums. Most of them are bots, and the human ones don't care.

Also why is this in General Discussion...
As stated above, it could of been a human. It seems that you block most of your spam so I assume that's the case.