MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Author is not allowed to post in review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed that mod authors are unable to post in Reviews of their mods.

Though its not a must needed thing (as these are reviews and authors are not supposed to post reviews on their own products Toungue) but help somehow when any user ask any thing and we're unable to give him proper support. Just like in this case;

http://i.imgur.com/4VAUu.png

Unfortunately I'm unable to tell the last person about how this plugin works :s So it would be good if authors are allowed to post in reviews.
The reviews aren't a place for support. Both parties should know that.

If the user can't bother to ask for support in the correct place then that's not a fault of the system it's a fault of the user. Basic common sense.
You're absolutely correct, but unfortunately people blame us that we're showing ignorance to their support posts/reviews etc. :s
Honestly that's their problem. There's no point in changing the system just because some people are too lazy to use it correctly.
Maybe a message in review page like "Reviews page is not for plugin support. Please visit support forum for that..." would help such people?
Hello,

You can copy the username of the user who left the review and private message the person instead if you feel it necessary. Smile

All the best,
Imad Jomaa.
Thanks Imad. Smile
(2012-03-01, 02:56 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a message in review page like "Reviews page is not for plugin support. Please visit support forum for that..." would help such people?

I put a paragraph at the top of all my plugin descriptions in big bold block capitals to tell people not to use the reviews section for support or bug reporting. All I'll say is it was a waste of my time me doing that. Unfortunately people don't read and choose obscure places like this to ask for support and report bugs.
Maybe disable the reviews altogether?
If someone wants to comment, let them do it in the release thread.
Maybe a link to the release thread can be included with each submission.
(2012-03-02, 09:52 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Imad. Smile

Glad I can be of help. Smile
Pages: 1 2