MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb internel error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=25650]

My board is located at http://www.swamivivekananda.org.in/forums/

But since yesterday, at times when I access it, I get an error msg....screnshot is attached. pls help.
Ask your host to increase your MySQL connection limmit
What type of hosting?
The database has the max amount of allowed connections. Unless your forum is really busy, you need a new host ASAP.
(2012-03-02, 06:13 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]What type of hosting?
The database has the max amount of allowed connections. Unless your forum is really busy, you need a new host ASAP.

I recently signed up for one of the best premium hosting of the country....and my forum is pretty inactive btw (I launched the website just a month ago)....but there are loads of inactive users, should I consider removing them?
So it is shared hosting?
Either the 'whole server' is hitting its max number of DB connections, or (like Dragon_Void said) your own account is somehow using up it's allowance. Asking the host for a bigger personal limit might help, but if it's a quiet forum then you really might be on an oversold or poorly set-up server.

Edit: Open a ticket w/ your host and ask why this is happening on your account.
(2012-03-02, 06:31 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]So it is shared hosting?
Either the 'whole server' is hitting its max number of DB connections, or (like Dragon_Void said) your own account is somehow using up it's allowance. Asking the host for a bigger personal limit might help, but if it's a quiet forum then you really might be on an oversold or poorly set-up server.

Edit: Open a ticket w/ your host and ask why this is happening on your account.

Is there any other solution without having to ask them for a bigger personal limit? Actually they won't increase shared hosting limits, which means I've to go for dedicated servers perhaps, and my client won't release any more funds..
Is there any other solution without having to ask them for a bigger personal limit?
Yes, but shared hosting limits your options.

...my forum is pretty inactive
~ How many people on line at once (in your board stats), including guests?

DB's connect and finish up really fast, so decent shared hosting can handle some traffic. Also, you can get a pretty powerful VPS for < $10/month these days*
*but, of course, someone has to manage it.

(2012-03-02, 06:46 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]...my forum is pretty inactive

<10
(2012-03-02, 06:51 AM)Soumikbhat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-02, 06:46 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]...my forum is pretty inactive

<10

<10 !!
...one of the best premium hosting of the country has a poor set-up.
We are back where we started:
You need a new host ASAP. Toungue