MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to uses 1 user database on 2 forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody guide me how to set-up 2 myBB forums with shared user table? Huh

My problem is that, I have 2 education forums, the first one is for high school and second one is for senior high school. Now, I don't want to receive a complain or queries from the teachers that they can't access other forum and blah blah.. Angry

So could anyone teach me how to use the user database in different forum please? Big Grin
Just create a new user for the database and when you install MyBB; install it with a different prefix.

I strongly advise using a different database though.
Why not just the same user Conor? But, the changing the prefix part is correct.
That's the way I personally do it. It wouldn't make a difference it's just a habit Toungue
I tihnk he actually wants to share the user's between the two forums, but keep everything else separate (posts/forums etc). This would require a bit of core hacking Smile
^
^
you got my point ;D

but is there is another way to do it?
Yes, there's a much simpler way to do it:

Use the same forum for everyone. Have different groups and apply your group permissions carefully. In other words, something like this:

Group Students: Can only see and reply to the "student" forums and can't see the "teacher" forums
Group Teachers: Can only see and reply to the "teacher" forums and can't see the "student" forums

I don't think that core-hacking is in your list of proficient skills so by far, this is the easiest, simplest, fastest way to do what you want to do. MyBB has groups : use 'em.