MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many code commits a day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I enjoy watching code commits to other open source software I use, but find myself not being able to follow that so much with mybb(since the development is more hidden). I was wondering if you could give me an average of the number of code commits that are merged into mybb 2 every day? Just to satisfy my craving a little bit. Please!
We're not releasing any information regarding MyBB 2.0 at this time. As with 1.6, 1.4, 1.2 and previous versions, updates and fixes are made when the developers have the time.
Why aren't you releasing any information? Just curious.
I assume for these reasons:
-So other forum software developers don't copy their updates and release before they do (Making MyBB look like a copier).
-So they don't tell you something they are adding and then have to remove it for whatever reason (So they don't mislead people).
-A Surprise is always better (y)
(2012-03-02, 10:29 PM)Malphas Wrote: [ -> ]Why aren't you releasing any information? Just curious.

Because, little work has actually been done on MyBB 2. They've said it many times they are waiting for Yii 2.0 before getting into to a lot of the development of 2.0.
Ah right, I never saw that said anywhere, but I haven't been looking for it or anything I guess. I just thought it seemed weird to declare you're not releasing any information, but if development hasn't really started because they're waiting on Yii then it makes sense.