MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Poll] Redirect Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find them really annoying and I was curious what you think about them and if there is any reason you'd leave them on?
I disable them and remove the option to turn them back on. Absolutely useless.
(2012-03-02, 11:24 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I disable them and remove the option to turn them back on. Absolutely useless.

Yea, I can still remember the first time I used a "forum" (Like 7-9 years ago) and it had these redirect pages I'd get pissed of with my old crappy internet connection, loading this page which just tells me the page I wanted to go to will "load now?".
No, I disable them via the admin control panel.
I use them, if no other reason than simply to let users know that their action did complete. When working with a wide target audience, some of whom are very tech savvy and some who aren't, It's important to keep a friendly and informative user interface. It also helps to cut down double posting on slower connections by breaking down the activity into 3 pages and displaying a confirmation.
I hate them. They're usually the first thing I disable when I install MyBB. So pointless and a waste of time and bandwidth.
I dislike them but I use them.
I hope there will be a better way to show success message soon (hey, that whould be a great plugin idea - I will try to do something with redirect hook soon).
Something like the way Twitter shows alerts would be cool.
I hate them.
The original idea was to help reduce load was it not? (Because MyBB isn't the only software that did this). I think that usage is no longer really needed.
Pages: 1 2