MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB on GoDaddy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*UPDATE* answer is the very last line of post #6

I just paid for hosting at GoDaddy.com, but now that I am logged into their cPanel I am not finding how to upload the MyBB template I want to use. Thus far I have uploaded the 1.6.6 zip package to the FTP File Manager. I called support to see what the next step from there is. They told me to ask MyBB? Then I find out on this site that GoDaddy is terrible for hosting. I already paid and its month to month. They allow "adult content" which I need for this site even though it is not entertainment adult. However, I need to get this site uploaded A.S.A.P. and support said I may need to create a DB or unzip the developers program I uploaded, which I have never done before. Please, please, please can anyone give me some kind of direction at their earlist convenience. It is so important to me. Thanks
if your forum is for adult content then not sure that you can have support from this community ... Edit : you can see Wiki - it has all the details
Extract mybb zip archive's UPLOAD folder to Public_HTML

Create Database (note it down now)

Run (yoursite.com)/install
(2012-03-03, 09:42 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]if your forum is for adult content then not sure that you can have support from this community ... Edit : you can see Wiki - it has all the details

Well its a fitness site and some of the material is related to sexual health. So we have medical diagrams and indepth descritpions of male and female anatomy etc. Other than that we do have photos other times of unclothed people, and this is why I went with GoDaddy.com. I really like the MyBB templets which is why I want to go with this site. Are you saying you guys do not help with support, or you do not allow me to use this program?

(2012-03-03, 09:43 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]Extract mybb zip archive's UPLOAD folder to Public_HTML

Create Database (note it down now)

Run (yoursite.com)/install

Could you please be a little more specific I am a little lost with the instructions although I basically understand the concept.

OK, now I have called and he helped me install the phpbb plugin for GoDaddy's Hosting. Once that is ready he said to use Filezilla to unarchive the files from the templete I want from MyBB. Then to find out here at MyBB how it is that I add teh files from the templete to the phpbb. Fun stuff, but please dont leave me hanging just yet. At least where should I begin to look to find out how to add the Filezilla templet files to the hosting? Thanks for getting back to me earlier.

He said it can take up to 24hrs for the phpbb to install.
^ if you want to use MyBB then no one stops you using it .. however not sure about official support from this community.
first decide whether you want to use MyBB or the other system - if you want to use the other system then you can seek
support from the relevant support forums ..
^^
Not sure

I need help with this part step 3 of installation

CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

the config and settings folders are empty
I did it I added a dot in the files and uploaded them