MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customize MyBB "Post Reply" and "Preview Post" input buttons with CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Written for MyBBAddict.com

Similar to my previous tutorial, I will show you how to use CSS to customize your forum even further (and this is a very nice change!). Here is the before and after:

Before:
[Image: 08ae4b.png]

After:
[Image: 1e4a2e.png]

Here is what you'll be doing in your global.css.

Press ctrl+f and search for the text input.button
If it does not exist, create it.

Then you will simply need to insert your CSS in there. For a better effect, add the following classes:
input.button{}
input.button:hover{}
input.button:active{}

Then use the same button creator from my last tutorial. http://www.cssbuttongenerator.com/
Note: If you followed my last tutorial, I suggest using the same css from your postbit for the best and professional look.

So that is it! Small changes can go a long way.
It is a shame nobody has implemented this :/
Well, I tried on my forum. It's awesome!
They just look so cool.
I know, I love them Smile
Thanks alot, gave me a few ideas to improve my forum styles Smile
You can also use the following snippet to style any button within your forum. i use it in all my theme work:

.button, input[type="submit"], input[type="button"] {
	YOUR STYLING
}
Thanks, basically the same thing if I'm not mistaken euantor.
Yeah, it's basically the same but I thought I should share anyway.
(2012-03-18, 02:19 PM)BitzDefender Wrote: [ -> ]It is a shame nobody has implemented this :/

Lots of people are using CSS buttons already. Your tutorial does not really give any directions.
(2012-08-20, 06:45 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-18, 02:19 PM)BitzDefender Wrote: [ -> ]It is a shame nobody has implemented this :/

Lots of people are using CSS buttons already. Your tutorial does not really give any directions.

When I made this tutorial, almost nobody was using CSS buttons.
Pages: 1 2