MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i see users passwords ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is that possible ??
Not possible. Unfortunately it is near impossible to break an md5 encoding, especially when salts are used. If a password is lost the user will have to go through the lost password system to create a new password.
I call that fortunately Smile
Maybe there's a way to remove the md5 encoding?Smile
destroyer Wrote:Maybe there's a way to remove the md5 encoding?Smile

MD5 doesn't "encode" is hashes.. The only way to get it unhashed it is with brute force.
MyBB encodes users' passwords in a format which cannot be decoded except by making a computer try every possible combination of characters. You cannot view users' passwords and neither can users view their own password. The only thing you can do is change a user's password to a new password.
Why do one anyway want to view the passwords of a user??

if the user have a good email addy and the "forum retrieve lost password" system works then its all that matters. Smile
I had wondered about this myself! Good call!
When you think about it, it is a logical choice too. Most people use the same password for all of their password-protected services. Imagine admins that read your passwords and could login to your email accounts or maybe even paypal account. Sucks, right?
It happined where one of my headmods registered on another chatsite and the admin there (one of my fired staff) gained access to her pass word and IP banned all of my staff out of spite. Sad
Pages: 1 2