MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP settings not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have some issues with the configuration in the ACP. Changing a setting does not work (anymore).

For instance, when i go to Board Online/Offline, change the setting "Board Closed" to "Yes" and press "Save Settings", the page will update and the setting shows "Yes".

However, the board is NOT closed!. When i change the user registration method from "Send Email Verification" to "Administrator Activation", the registration has not changed and it's still the email verification option. The changed settings are show correct, so i asume they are stored.

I've done a File Verification and all seems to be in order. The CHMOD files and directories are all writable, so no problem there.

Is there anyone out there who can help solve this problem? I have browsed this forum, but haven't found anything that could help me out.

Kind regards,
Dennis de Haan
Forgot to mention that plugins also don't work (stopforumspam plugin for example). I'm running the latest version of mybb on an IIS host with MySQL 5.
basically ./inc/settings.php file needs to be writable . you can check it at the bottom of tools & maintenance section of admin panel ..
if the required files are shown as writable then it would be better to wait for someone from support staff to offer (direct) help !!
Thanks for the reply.

The files are writable and are shown correct when returning to a settings page. However they are not executed. If might be a chmod problem since the files all are 644. I'm investigating how to chance this, since the chmod command doesn't work.
Thanks to Ranjani, who pointed me in the right direction, the problem has been solved.

It seems that read and write is not enough, but mybb shows that the files are writable. I've the checked modify box on the specified files and everything is working as it should!

Thanks again!