MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to show poll results (only) to signed in members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to show Poll results only to the members who are signed in?

Nobody knows?
Anybody?

Where are all the MyBB experts?
I installed the Hide Poll Results Plugin. I checked all options for yes except for the last one "show poll results to all users". So I thought it would disable the ability to view the poll for guests, but I found out I can still view all results without logging in. So it is not working.

Ok, I figured it out why. Because I did not select the option of "hide poll results" on the polls themselves.

After I checked that option on the poll,
Now it forces people to vote in order to see the poll results. You can't see the results even you are signed in as a registered member.
However, this isn't exactly what I wanted.
Because not all polls apply to all people. Some people don't have an option on the poll, and if they want to see the results, they are forced to randomly vote, which will make the results inaccurate.

I would like to have an option to allow all registered members to see the poll results when they are signed in. So no random guests can check on the poll results without register on the forum first.
The idea is to make those curious people to sign up.

Is there such a script?
All it needs is to have one more option of "Hide poll results from guests".