MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Insert video on Nav bar??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!! New guy here! Thank God i've found you, hope you can help!

So... i dont know exactly how to put this so i will post 2 photos and explain afterwards...
I have a category with 2 forums inside it... one is "Ελλαδα" and one is "Εξωτερικο" (Names are in Greek but have nothing to do with your understanding)

Lets take Forum "Ελλαδα" (Means Greece)
[attachment=25658]

Exactly where the arrows are i want to embed a Video... Youtube.
So everytime someone Opens "Ελλαδα" can see the video... Idont want the video to be permanent in the navigation bar... Only in the specific forum...

Heres the result i want (I did this using firebug so its not permanent... Toungue)
[attachment=25659]

Obviously i want it to be in the center but thats just Css or html thing...

Can anyone help me on How to do this and file to tamper with???

Thanx very much in advance!! Awaiting your ideas!
<<<n3xuz>>>
So you want the video to only show up in a specific Forum or Category, but not the rest of the forum is that what I'm understanding ? The only possible way of doing that would be to design a plugin of sorts. Otherwise you could go over to ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Your_Template > Header Templates > Header

Now, I don't know exactly how your header file looks, but this is where I would add it on mine:

<a name="top" id="top"></a>
<div id="header">
{$lights_show} {$welcomeblock}
<----------- VIDEO HERE ------------>
<div id="content">
Quote:So you want the video to only show up in a specific Forum or Category, but not the rest of the forum is that what I'm understanding ?

Yeap!!! thats what i want!

Quote:Otherwise you could go over to ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Your_Template > Header Templates > Header

Wouldnt that action make the video show Globally on the forum???

Quote:<a name="top" id="top"></a>
Is this a code to give the header.php file a specific forum location to embed the video?? Only on "Ellada" for example??
Like this?
<a name="top" forum-20="top></a>"

Any other Ideas??
Why not paste the embed code into the Forum Rules area for that video?
acp > Forums & Posts > "Ελλαδα" > Edit Forum Settings > Forum Rules
Display Method > Display Rules For This Forum On Thread Listing
hmmmm.... Giving your Idea a test! Thnx! ill provide feedback and photos if result is satisfying!
that is a good suggestion .. however if it requires embedding script then that does not work on forum rules section .. we may have
to use iframe type embedding of another file which consists of the code - one such suggestion can be seen at the responses here
Here what i embeded in the forum rules section...

Quote:<div align="center"><object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/38kv5phyAOg?version=3&amp;hl=el_GR&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/38kv5phyAOg?version=3&amp;hl=el_GR&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></div>

And here is the result

[Image: scaled.php?server=268&filename=111mmu.png&res=medium]

Its acctually not bad!!! i like it...
^ above result appears to be fine - no need of using iframe type of code ..
well Thank you all!!!
Help very much appreciated!!!!
if someone want make plugin this is maybe help its a API for vimeo
http://vimeo.com/api/docs/downloads

[Image: ScreenShot052.png]