MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using phpBB temporarily, just to see which is the best forum software between SMF, phpBB (everybody says phpBB is best, but it's so hard on the backend), and MyBB. I like MyBB the best, but there were some features on SMF and phpBB I'd like to be brought to MyBB. I also used DiscusWare Freeware.

I don't know if MyBB has this or not, but a "Forum Rules" notifier, with a red background. See my attachment so you know what I mean as it's in phpBB.

I also love the current MyBB style. Can MyBB keep it in 2.0 as a option?

Another thing that I loved in SMF and like to have in MyBB is buttons with drop-down menu. This makes it a lot simpler on the average user.

MyBB is my favorite forum software. I've been using SMF for almost 2 1/2 to 3 years now and it works fine. However, I love MyBB as it's easy to use, has a simple backend and front end, most importantly, the support! phpBB probably had the "best" support as it took them only minutes to respond. MyBB has pretty good support too. SMF has "fair" support but takes a little long to respond.

Keep up the great work!
You can just do this under forum settings.
Also this isn't a MyBB 2.0 suggestion but more for the 1.6 general help forum.
Did you read this part:

Another thing that I loved in SMF and like to have in MyBB is buttons with drop-down menu. This makes it a lot simpler on the average user.
You can have something similar in MyBB by doing this:
Admin CP --> Forums & Posts --> *Select the forum you want to add rules to and click 'Edit Forum'* --> Forum Rules:
Set to 'Display rules for this forum on the thread listing'
Create your rules. Smile