MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restore a table from backup database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the plugin undo delete installed in my forum and it's working fine.
Today, when I activate the new plugin Edit History Log ; the undo delete plugin has an error :
" there is a difference between a core table and its backup table Undo Delete will not work. Here you can see what you have to modify to update your backup tables manually. If you not know what this means recreate affected tables. "

of the table mybb_backup_posts .
I did the recreate table , and all the records of mybb_backup_posts was reset to 0

Now when I restore the thread ; only the thread title was restored , but I can not open the content of the thread

Please show me how to restore the table mybb_backup_posts from my backup database

Thank You very much

Hi,

I did it Smile

... just a notes here if anyone has the same problem

The plugin Edit History Log created a new column "reason" to the mybb_backup_posts table which made an error to the plugin undo delete -

when I recreate the mybb_backup_potst table, all the records were deleted

To restore the mybb_backup_posts table from the whole backup database , here are what I did :

In phpmyadmin
- create a temp database call mybb_bkup
- import the backup database (after unzip it)
- find the mybb_backup_posts table , create a new column reason varchar(200)
- export the mybb_backup_posts table , call it bkup_post
- go to current database
- go to mybb_backup_posts table , import the bkup_table (export from previous step)

If you know there is a better way, pls share
Thank You