MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when someone uses the quick reply, they are shown a the waiting wheel which is stuck there...though the message gets posted, it doesn't seem to be updated with ajax. I'm unable to find out what's causing this.
Can someone guide a way out?
AdminCP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Showthread templates > showthread_quickreply > and revert back to original.
Interesting to know that the mentioned template was unchanged. even then, i tried copying from default templates and it didn't work.
i made some major modifications in the showthread and postbit template...could that be a reason...i mean diff. div id and etc?
(2012-03-05, 03:56 PM)t_virus Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting to know that the mentioned template was unchanged. even then, i tried copying from default templates and it didn't work.
i made some major modifications in the showthread and postbit template...could that be a reason...i mean diff. div id and etc?

I had a similar problem. You need to make sure there's a div with the id of posts within the showthread template:

<div id="posts">
	{$posts}
</div>
^ my template is exactly the same. :\ strange
The host seems to me down atm.
it's up afaik :}
The other thing that could be causing this could be caused by an SQL error or some other error. Do you have any plugins installed that affect the postbit and have you checked the error logs?
The issue is in your "postbit" template. I've restored back to original and then it worked.

But as I've restored it back to where it was originally, now it wouldn't work. So you need to see what's wrong is in postbit template.
maybe its that by default, quick reply is coded to add a specific layout for post and if the layout is not according to it, it fails. (just some assumption)
can you list me the files and anything related with the quick reply?
i'm also on working to see what part of my template is culprit..
Guys i figured it out...and it was quite easy.
My template didn't have id="" in the main post table.
to anyone else having the same problem, add this to your main table if you haven't. Though not everyone rewrites templates these days Toungue
id="post_{$post['pid']}"
Pages: 1 2