MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: City by PixelMonkey studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

(2012-03-27, 01:56 AM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]So it is a copy of another design. The plot thickens...

Nah. I don't find any similarity except the footer.

(2012-03-27, 03:38 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say it's a copy at all. They're not exactly the same, the only thing the same is the name.

^This.
(2012-03-27, 01:25 AM)Nelson Noa Wrote: [ -> ]This is a nice design! but I do have one advice, when you create a design inspired by a source, is always nice to give credit.

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/premade/imperial/index.php

Also it's not very good to copy the name of another already popular design, other wise, this is decent work!

I don't think i it's something out of that theme. Only the name is same (as jordan already mentioned)
(2012-03-27, 05:01 AM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-27, 01:25 AM)Nelson Noa Wrote: [ -> ]This is a nice design! but I do have one advice, when you create a design inspired by a source, is always nice to give credit.

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/premade/imperial/index.php

Also it's not very good to copy the name of another already popular design, other wise, this is decent work!

I don't think i it's something out of that theme. Only the name is same (as jordan already mentioned)

Looks like you were over inspired, both your theme and the IPB theme are extremely similar looking.
This is not a development forum. If you don't like it, fine. I don't need comments telling that it looks like other theme. Easy as that.
I woulden't say he copied their theme, as a Designer myself, I too take inspiration from everywhere! and this looks just like inspiration from many places, and he did a hell of a good job!!!!

Please don't be rude with his design though, I support inspiration, at the end of the day, everything in the world is a copy of something else just a more better "self", all humans are similar in a way, but we all have different details, don't we?
Hmm, I thought they looked very similar, but I retract my comment. Regardless, it's a great theme. And back to the main topic, if pixelmonkey offers some options for customisation or some documentation, I'll surely be buying this soon. For example, I'm only good at customising the basics of templates etc. I'd want to know how to change the animation style of the header banner for example, or remove the sliding/transparency animation entirely. And then there's the avatar animation I mentioned in a previous post.

Thanks.
Actually it's very good idea to write a good documentation. I'll soon include a nice documentation explaining small things.
Thanks for the idea fluid Smile
Okay, deal. I'll buy this now, thanks. Smile I look forward to any documentation.
any more colour available for this theme ?
It's next major version (v2) will have a color chooser Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9