MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent: need to have my users be able to make several votes / poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE1 BELOW

Does anyone know what changes are necessary in PHP code and/or DB so users can vote several times for the same poll? Ideally they'd be denied to vote in a row (that means, someone else would've given a vote first before they'd be able to vote again).

Thing is, then the voting system could be used in several ways. Such as for a game where one would need to make a decision and wait their turn while someone else would make a decision and so on.

Another, perhaps interesting "mod" would be to allow multiple votes per thread - like with this one I was thinking about asking "how important do you think such a mod would be" and at the same time "how difficult do you think/know that it is to implement such a mod".

But again, the previous mod (multiple times voting per user for same poll) is more important - any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!
Max

UPDATE1:
I got the multiple polls to work. If anyone interested in how I did it, let me know.

ToDo: The results should be shown above the voting section, so the voter won't need to click every time on "show results" before voting.
What I need is a mod where users can change their vote if they change their opinion. Is that possible with those multiple votes you mentioned, or are those multiple votes accumulated alltogether?
maxpayne Wrote:UPDATE1:
I got the multiple polls to work. If anyone interested in how I did it, let me know.

ToDo: The results should be shown above the voting section, so the voter won't need to click every time on "show results" before voting.

I am interested. So if you could tell us how you did it.
Hi,

I would like to know it as well.

Really interested to allow users to vote serveral times.

Thanks in advance,
Domenico
This is very dangerous. Also doesn't it defeat the purpose of a poll?
dangerous for what?
There's a "Multiple-Choice?" option when you make a poll. That will allow users to vote for multiple options at once.
Well, what I need is not multiple options to be selected by an user, but the possibility for users to change their votes (for example if you use a poll to let users sign up for an event, but you want the option that they can cancel their registration for that event).

is it possible with not too much code modifications to make that possible?