MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move CP Links into Nayar Sidebox (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there. :] I'm very new to all of this but with the help of support threads, I've been doing well so far.

I'm stumped on this, however.

How do I move the CP links that appear in the welcome box (User CP — Mod CP — Admin CP — Log Out) into the side boxes? I'm currently using the plugin by Nayar. I tried moving the code...

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong>

...from the header templates into the side box but I receive this error above my header.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/ab64183/public_html/inc/plugins/sidebox.php(418) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/ab64183/public_html/inc/plugins/sidebox.php(418) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/ab64183/public_html/inc/plugins/sidebox.php(418) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/ab64183/public_html/inc/plugins/sidebox.php(418) : eval()'d code on line 1

I'd also like for those CP links not to be visible to guests, instead only appearing to those who have logged in. Basically, I'd like to move those links into the customizable, Nayar side box without altering how they're viewed when logged in and out.

That being said, if there is a way to move the welcome box to the side just like another side box, that would work too.

I'm also open to other side box plugins/methods which would allow me to do what I'm requesting. If there is another way to have side boxes which would allow me to have them on either side of my forum, staying beneath the width of the header, that would be super amazing.

Thank you so much for any help given. :]

Edit: Solved.
Open header template and remove
<div id="panel">
				{$welcomeblock}
			</div>
**(optional) Now edit the header>>welcomeblock_guest and welcomeblock_member to modify the links

Then paste this code wherever you want to show the links
{$welcomeblock}

but let me guess, you're pasting raw HTML inside php. That's what giving you those errors. Try pasting this instead of just {$welcomeblock} and see if it works
echo '{$welcomeblock}';
While the first step successfully removed the welcome box from beneath the toplinks, this second part didn't work.

Instead of showing the welcome block in the box, it looks like this.

echo \'\';

Thank you so much for the help. :]

Edit: I wonder if I'm just better off using this instead of a plugin to get what I want?

http://mybbgroup.com/how-to-add-a-mybb-s...-required/