MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 1.3 to MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in converting a IPB forum board to MyBB. Unfortunately, the MyBB Merge does not seem to support the IPB version I am using, which is the legacy version: IPB v.1.3 (not 3.1).

I did try the Merge system. I know it says it only supports 2.1 to 2.3, but I thought maybe it could still work with 1.3 since it doesn't have too many differences in database. But apparently it is not compatible. There are some tables which does not exist in 1.3 (which I believe, not really significant tables)

Since IPB 1.3 is free (I've been running it many years ago before IPB became a paid software), I don't think I would purchase an upgrade to IPB 2.1 only to have it converted to MyBB 1.6.

So I think I need a direct conversion from IPB 1.3 to MyBB 1.6.

Is anyone here able to give support?
you can try IPB 1.3.x to MyBB 1.0.x/1.1.x/1.2.x Converter System Beta 3 ; earlier versions of MyBB available here
if you are successful in converting to MyBB earlier version then you can upgrade your MyBB to the latest version ...
Thanks for the reply. Looking from the topic, it seems to be causing errors though. :/ The solution provided in the last reply seem to not solve it too. Meanwhile I cannot risk converting it to errors...
You can look around on, say phpBB, to see if they have any convertors, and then convert from phpBB to MyBB.
If you need help in merging process pm me!
I can help you to do conversion!