MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This problem is simple let me help you out:

http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/

Download that

Edit the Bigdump.php to include YOUR DB information, login password, etc etc.

Now Upload the bigdump.php and your DB backup to the same directory on your website "I make a new directory lableled dump"

I go to: http://yoursite.com/dump/bigdump.php

At the top you will see "STart Import" click it and viola your good, just wait for the bar to go to 100% and its done.

MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ATLEAST THE BIGDUMP.PHP!!!!! IF SOMEONE FINds THE URL LATER, THEY CAN RESET YOUR DB TO THE 1 YOU HAVE NOW! No security for the file, so thusly its accessible and executable by ALL who have the url!!

<-- I use this method because my DB is over 10mb, and it works great -->
780Kb is pretty small to be honest if your host restricts files of that size you definitely need to look at a new host are you sure you do not mean 780 Mb
projec i have used that method several times also and it is really easy.
(2012-03-11, 04:21 PM)hagz Wrote: [ -> ]780Kb is pretty small to be honest if your host restricts files of that size you definitely need to look at a new host are you sure you do not mean 780 Mb
projec i have used that method several times also and it is really easy.

If his DB is 780mb... and hes on a free webhost, Imma be astonished lol. But thats his problem, hes on a free host, who trys to make things a huge hassle so that way you will pay the fees for an actual membership, My host even being paid will timeout when I'm uploading my DB backup, but thats because its so big MySql times out lol. Thats why I use BigDump it works great, and you have 0 problems, and its pretty dang easy to use.
(2012-03-11, 03:40 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You could either use a utility such as MySQL Dumper or find a half decent webhost.

The host is free. I am just learning to use MyBB so I don't need anything bigger for now. I tried a MySql splitter but I keep getting errors when they are splitted and I try to upload them.
(2012-03-11, 05:20 PM)dalawh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-11, 03:40 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You could either use a utility such as MySQL Dumper or find a half decent webhost.

The host is free. I am just learning to use MyBB so I don't need anything bigger for now. I tried a MySql splitter but I keep getting errors when they are splitted and I try to upload them.

Use the method I told you above, it will solve your problem
(2012-03-11, 04:32 PM)Projec13 Wrote: [ -> ]If his DB is 780mb... and hes on a free webhost, Imma be astonished lol. But thats his problem, hes on a free host, who trys to make things a huge hassle so that way you will pay the fees for an actual membership, My host even being paid will timeout when I'm uploading my DB backup, but thats because its so big MySql times out lol. Thats why I use BigDump it works great, and you have 0 problems, and its pretty dang easy to use.

lol see your point about the size but i am amazed that such a small file is limited.

I agree Bigdump is the easiest and best way to get it done.
Pages: 1 2