MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Matt - your Plugin Uploader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's now asking me for a password when I tried to upload a zip file. This is new to me I never created a pw that I can remember. Never was asked before.
Login to Cpanel > Database Management > phpMyAdmin > select your forum's database > and in "Plugin Up loader's table" delete the row of "_password". You'll be forced to set a new password.
If one is not set, it won't let you do anything until you have one. You will have created one if it's letting you get to the upload form. When you look in the database table, there'll be a row there where the name is _password as per Yaldaram's reply, and that'll only be there if you've set a password in the ACP at some point. What may have happened is it may have been stored in a cookie, which would mean it wouldn't ask for it, and if you'd cleared your cookies or the cookie expired, it'd now ask for it again.
I can't find anything like a bunch of code anywhere. None of these tabs I click show any code.

[attachment=25681]
You're not looking for code, it's the rows in the table that store which plugins you've uploaded, which is also where the password is stored. Click where it says Browse, you should then get a table of data, in the 'name' column one row will have a value of _password, next to that row there should be a checkbox, tick that, then somewhere lower down the page under all the rows there should be a red no-entry icon that says Delete next to it, click that and it'll delete the row, then go back to the Plugin Uploader page in the ACP and it should prompt you to add a new one.
I do see a 'password' line but it doesn't look like it has anything to do with your plugin, so I was afarid to delete it, but is this the one you want me to delete?

[attachment=25682]
Yep that's the chap, get rid of that one. You can click the Delete link right next to where it says _password and that'll get rid of it.
That did it. I already uploaded and activated fitonpage. You always get it done Matt! Thank you! Smile

Thank you also Yal! Wink