MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme hosting images on their own server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://mods.mybb.com/view/blackmamba-v1

That theme only includes an XML as all images are linked remotely back to the author of the theme's server. Is this even allowed? I feel like if a user is going to put a theme up they need to include all the images with it.
I kind of have to agree. Although I'm gonna assume it is a mistake. Nevermind, missed that the first time, yea, I'd say we should message the owner, as it's likely to become a dead theme sooner, then later.
Quote:If you feel you need the images, go to http://forum.sparkks.net and request them on the forum.

From the description. I am not saying I agree with remote images, but you can obtain them if needed.

But I think they should make the images more easily accessible.
That shouldn't be allowed on the mods site.
I'm not saying it's against a rule or anything, but it should be.

It gives that person control to "change" the images if the code is directed to his image server.

Newbie users may not know how to change it.
(2012-03-12, 07:51 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]That shouldn't be allowed on the mods site.
I'm not saying it's against a rule or anything, but it should be.

It gives that person control to "change" the images if the code is directed to his image server.

Newbie users may not know how to change it.

This.

Why in gods name would someone do that in the first place?
No idea, would be funny though if a large site started using the theme. The theme creator would get a massive DDoS....
Several years ago, I found someone hot-linking all my emoticons.

So, I changed the file path for them on my site, then replaced the old path with an image of a fat sweaty guy.

It popped all over the person's site whenever an emoticon was used.
(2012-03-12, 09:38 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Several years ago, I found someone hot-linking all my emoticons.

So, I changed the file path for them on my site, then replaced the old path with an image of a fat sweaty guy.

Made me laugh really hard. Will have to keep that in mind!
(2012-03-12, 09:38 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]Several years ago, I found someone hot-linking all my emoticons.

So much win.

lol. That's epic. Big Grin

Back to topic:
That theme shouldn't be allowed in Mods database. Image files should be provided along with the XML.
Pages: 1 2