MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to do a search without using the form?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Does anybody know how to use the search engine without going to the search form.
I have already tried
http://example.com/search.php?action=do_...rchKeyword
but it doesnt work.

I want to redirect a forum to actually do a search and display the results.
Any help? Thanx
you can't since the search pages loads a table with the criteria and partial results and assigns a ID to the record. when the results are displayed, that ID is used to construct the actual optimized query and show the results.

i'd say that you could run the search the firs time and then make your link use the SID directly, but the search table gets pruned and sooner or later that ID will go away
Thanx Pavemen for the reply

I Linked the forum with the results and it works fine. Is there anyway to prevent the ID from getting pruned? This is a very useful feature for my forum and i need to find a solution. Thanx
you could create plugin that searches for the SID you have and if it does not find it, load the searchlog table with the same contents. You'll just need to get the current searchlog contents for the ID you want to reuse.