MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Moderator Staff list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How i say this?

okay from the screen print you can see that TheOutcast at the moment are displayed under Moderator and Super Mod, but there are no forum next to his name under mod and i have looked under each and every forum to see if a mod is selected for a forum and there are non.

how do i remove his nick from the Moderator list?

i have already removed him completely to status registered user and re appointed him as Super mod but still nothing.

i even made him mod and removed him again, i made him mod to a random forum and removed it but his name stays?????
Check under the ACP (Forum Management -> Manage Forums) that under "Subforums/Moderators" there are no Moderators.

Make sure that both his "Displayed Usergroup" and actual usergroup are set to "Super Moderator".
MrDoom Wrote:Check under the ACP (Forum Management -> Manage Forums) that under "Subforums/Moderators" there are no Moderators.
Did that already and i did check every single forum and subforum. nothing.

MrDoom Wrote:Make sure that both his "Displayed Usergroup" and actual usergroup are set to "Super Moderator".

Did that and it didnt work
Does the forum still say "Moderated by: TheOutCast"? You may have to turn on the display of forum moderators for the particular forum in the ACP.
If it was checked from the ACP, it should show up regardless shouldnt it?
MrDoom Wrote:If it was checked from the ACP, it should show up regardless shouldnt it?
Yes, but my point is that I want to know whether or not this is a problem with the forum team page or a problem with the "moderator" status not being removed. It may be, however, that sTrEtCh cannot check this because he chose not to display a list of moderators per forum on the forum index.
I sorta remember something like this happening to some other people. Using PHPMyAdmin go to your MyBB database then view the table yourprefix_moderators. Make sure that there is no entry for The OutCast's uid.

I hope this helps you, but I'm not certain this will fix your problem.
Peter Wrote:Does the forum still say "Moderated by: TheOutCast"?
Nowhere on the forum index page does it say "Moderated by: TheOutCast"

Peter Wrote:You may have to turn on the display of forum moderators for the particular forum in the ACP.

I checked in ACP and it is turned to "ON" under "Forums' Moderator Listing"

Christian Wrote:I sorta remember something like this happening to some other people. Using PHPMyAdmin go to your MyBB database then view the table yourprefix_moderators. Make sure that there is no entry for The OutCast's uid.
it seems that his UID=3 are shown in mybb_moderators
[attachment=3653]

Should i just "EMPTY" the moderator table or what ??

i think i know what i did to make it happin, when i assigned the mods to forum i went to my first parent forum and under "Subforums/Moderators" i added "New Moderator", added his username then selected the ----- or it could have been the none on the forum drop down menu and not just one forum. ( I tried to make him moderator to all forums at once) if it make sence to you

EDIT: I have emptied the moderator table and his name only shows under Supermods now.Thanks

The fact that i couldnt remove him from that list should be a bug or something shouldnt it or is it just me that made a *cant say the word Big Grin * of it??
I think we fixed the bug before, but I can't find any archive record of it.
Wierd, cause i only installed this board 2weeks back and used Mybb1.1.7

Alteast i know now what i did wrong so i wount be doing it again Big Grin
Pages: 1 2