MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO: how to deactivate SEO-URLs and have redirect take over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am wondering how to get Google SEO redirects to properly redirect SEO-style URLs back to default URLs.
Disable the url switch and leave functions.php and .htaccess as is.
Doesn't seem to work... SEO-style links go to 404. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to edit .htaccess or revert core files?
Is redirect enabled?
(2012-03-10, 01:30 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Is redirect enabled?

Yeah, from day 1.
What messages do you get on the plugins page?
When I do this, I get what's expected, it tells me URLs are disabled.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what Redirect is supposed to do. I'm hoping the author chimes in...
OK - here's a more detailed question:

The documentation suggests I can revert changes to core files, but I am very hesitant to do this, won't that break the rest of the plugin?

Quote:Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB stock URLs

Google SEO does not force you to keep using its URLs. If you want to go back to stock URLs, you can do so. Basically you have two options to achieve a SEO URL -> Stock URL redirection:
  • Empty the SEO URL scheme for a particular URL type
    This is useful if for example you want to go back to stock URLs for user profiles only, but not for forums and threads.
  • Revert changes to core files
    This way the Google SEO URL module will be in inactive state.

Do not disable Google SEO URL or Redirect, and do not remove the Rewrite Rules from your .htaccess. All of these components are required to keep old keyword URLs and subsequent redirect working.
As the documentation says, you have two ways to do this. Both work, pick whichever one you like.
I can't get it to work.. I want to make Google SEO urls redirect to showthread.php?tid=X, not thread-ID.

How do I do that?
Pages: 1 2