MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Form (Not to join forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to create a form to register users to a tournament... is there any plugins (would be simple if there was) and if not what steps do I need to take?
Theres one. I think it called Page manager or something like that. You can use that.

Here it is

http://mods.mybb.com/view/page-manager
Ya I have that but the problem is I need to use PHP and a seperate database or at least modify the one I got now.

That mod will just make the page, there will be no function :/
(2012-03-10, 03:14 PM)BizBink Wrote: [ -> ]Ya I have that but the problem is I need to use PHP and a seperate database or at least modify the one I got now.

That mod will just make the page, there will be no function :/

Write the code (functions can be added) and then use page manager to supply the front end ... to connect to the database use the documented mybb functions for creating and editing a table .... but you may find it a little easier to write a plugin to do your requirements
ya the thing is... LOL i dont know how to write plugins
(2012-03-10, 05:21 PM)BizBink Wrote: [ -> ]ya the thing is... LOL i dont know how to write plugins
can you write php code ?
Well that's another problem, I don't have enough knowledge to make my own, I can edit not create. :/ still learning PHP and database stuff the rest I know enough
Bump...
bump...
Hey there,

You may be looking for the plugin "Form Manager"; it allows you to create forms of all different types within the administration control panel of MyBB.

Please be warned; this plugin comes from a third party site, and as such, has not been checked by the MyBB team for security assurance. I also believe that posting on their forum is required to download it.

Here you go:
http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=99
(2012-03-10, 09:30 PM)BizBink Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's another problem, I don't have enough knowledge to make my own, I can edit not create. :/ still learning PHP and database stuff the rest I know enough
Bump...

You will need that knowledge to produce the result you want .... If you wish the page or form to be within mybb, page manager is the choice as you have the variables/arrays (database connection etc) ready to use along with the ability to add php/html ... php looks difficult to start with but after a few days study its not too bad to comprehend it
Pages: 1 2