MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: back up help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi m8 im craig i was looking at a topic about getting backup files ive got a forum with forumation and need to get the backup files so that i can move to a paid server and keep all my members and posts my forum version is phpBB2
so would be great if any1 could help with this as i dont know where to start to be honest
thanks
You'll have to ask the people are forumotion for a backup. I'm not sure if they allow backups to be downloaded.
(2012-03-10, 10:10 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to ask the people are forumotion for a backup. I'm not sure if they allow backups to be downloaded.

they wont give it to me but i`ve been told it can be done as i need to move server cuz forumation dont have some features i need as my sites getting bigger
Unless they give you a backup, or provide you with a method to download one, you can't get a backup. It's something you'll have to take up with them as we have no control over how they work.
What you're referring to as "can be done" is a crawler bot that crawls the forumotion software. These are against their ToS and thus illegal. That means we don't allow them or discussions of them here.