MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some help with menu bar and custom pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi...

it's been about 3 weeks that I'm workin on this but I can't seem to figure it out...
I wanna make a simple menu bar just like Mybb, containg home, about and what not.
After playin a lot with the codes I made and added the codes below to header templates. (which contains a table with some rows and I put the categories inside):

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">

<tr colspan="5">
<td class="headertrow" width="10%" style="text-align:center"><strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=home">Home</a></strong></td>
<td class="trow" width="10%" style="text-align:center"><strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">Forum</a></strong></td>
<td class="trow" width="10%" style="text-align:center"><strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></strong></td>
<td class="trow" width="10%" style="text-align:center"><strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=rules">Rules</a></strong></td>
<td class="trow" width="60%"></a></td>
</div>
</td>
</tr>

First of all I'm not sure if this is the right menu but the problem is that I want each row behave like a button&link instead of text&link when I hover the mouse over them. (though I'm sure this is not the right way)
And also I want that white box over selected items.
On the other hand, I recently found out that custom pages are made through plugins. so I installed Page Manager and I linked the above-mentioned menu categories to their specific page.
another problem:
Navigation bar is displayed in all pages.. but I only want it in the forum page. I'm sure it has sth to do with <navigation> in Header Template.

All in all.. How can I make that menu bar
Thx in advance

Edit: Firebug is amazing.... the only problem left is the Navigation bar shown in all pages...