MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Synatix error - Read please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a backup before I tried to add 'sticky' I followed tutorial on mybb website how to add a sticky, I had to add something in forumdisplay & english>laugauge ect.. I did it and now It says>
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/a8203810/public_html/forumdisplay.php on line 1291

I googled how to restore my back up, and I tried to do it with phpmyadmin but it says this error>

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in /home/mainhost/public_html/phpMyAdmin/libraries/sqlparser.lib.php on line 307

I need to restore my old back up file.

Please someone help me, major trouble

My forum url: ultimategaming.site50.net
My fourm works but only says the error when try to post reply or view a sub forum/forum.
That's nothing to do with the database. You need to revert the changes you did to the files either by manually changing them back or by overwriting the changed files with fresh ones from a new download.

By the looks of it you're missing a } somewhere.
I already have, I went back and edited/removed it and it came up with the error stated in the topic.

here is the tutorial I followed.
http://community.mybb.com/archive/index....61140.html
Then you've edited it incorrectly. Replace forumdisplay.php with a fresh file from a new download package.
Will that wipe all my forums?

Also, could you please send me link to the place where I need to download it, i've search but can't find it, sorry.

Thanks mate
Will that wipe all my previous forums?, what will it over write?
(2012-03-11, 01:25 AM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]Will that wipe all my forums?

No, data is stored in the database.

(2012-03-11, 01:25 AM)Seanfromleeds Wrote: [ -> ]Also, could you please send me link to the place where I need to download it, i've search but can't find it, sorry.

http://www.mybb.com/downloads
Thank you, I have done it.

Much respect and support, I actually love you right now.

I have repped you!
Seriously if this wasn't for you I'd be lost!
No problem, glad I could be of assistance. Smile