MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.4 to 1.6.6 process hangs at login stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After solving a problem with my database being wiped, I restored from the backup and all seemed to be working. I am now trying to run the upgrade install script (having copied over all the files and I get to the LogIn page but after entering my details and clicking LogIn, nothing else happens and I can go no further. If I go the board as a user, I get an error saying that the install folder still exists and there is no lock file (which is correct as I am in the process of upgrading).

I've changed the name of the admin folder but this is correct in config.php and I'm entering the password correctly just as I did before I did the upgrade in order to turn the board off.
Roger i had this problem the other day with a forum i had to update. i did an update to 1.6.5 then 1.6.6 using the changed file method.

when you uploaded the files did you upload the whole MYBB package (full installation) including the inc/settings.php it is possible you overwrote your settings including board url etc you may need to edit that file (or replace it with a backed up version)

Thanks once again Hagz and I think I have sorted the problem. After a few searches, I finally found somebody with a similar problem which was caused by cookies. These are a continual problem for me as I run BB on a local server so sometimes I need the local address and sometimes I need the external address. I keep the cookie settings to the external address so I upgraded from an external address and it is now working on the latest version. I've yet to switch on my few plugins which is the reason that I held back from going from 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 because I saw that there were changes in this area. That may be another problem. We shall see..............
as long as it is sorted mate the cookies do seem to be a bit persistent at times lol