MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Import my Database into PHPMyAdmin that has no IMPORT options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, let me make myself clear Toungue

I want to import my database (for firefox forums) onto a new server, but the server's PHPMyAdmin does not have a IMPORT option!

Is there some SQL Query I could do that would add it? Because I don't know how to add every table manually and add everything thats IN the table in!

Please help!!

Thanks!
FirefoxWiz
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Is there some SQL Query I could do that would add it? Because I don't know how to add every table manually and add everything thats IN the table in!

You should be able to copy/paste the data from the text file into the query box.
You mean the WHOLE thing?
FirefoxWiz Wrote:You mean the WHOLE thing?

Yup, copy/paste the whole contents of the text file into the Query box in PHPMyAdmin.
Okey Dokey! Lemme try it and I'll give ya the results Big Grin
I get

Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded

Sad Now what!?
You'll need to copy and paste it in pieces.
Oh Ok. Lemme try that.

Thanks Ryan.

EDIT
*Gulp*

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

??
You will have to export to a MySQL version that matches your new server.
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Oh Ok. Lemme try that.

Thanks Ryan.

EDIT
*Gulp*

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

??
Copy the contents of the file in pieces, making sure each piece ends at a new line. Do not break any lines. It may require you to split it up into some more pieces, but it should work then.
Pages: 1 2