MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add an option to increase post icon size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
16x16 gifs for icons are just too small for my tastes, it would be great if there was an option in the admin cp to increase the post icon size limit to up to 48x48.
All you need to do is upload larger post icons....
Post icons are gone. Good riddance.
(2012-03-12, 03:58 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Good riddance.

(2012-03-12, 03:57 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]All you need to do is upload larger post icons....

I did but they don't get displayed:[attachment=25739]

(2012-03-12, 03:58 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Post icons are gone. Good riddance.
Not sure what you're referring to, I have them enabled. Also it's a matter of preference, I love icons having post icons.. always have.
I mean that in the next major release -- 2.0 -- they will be gone.

You can add new icons at admin/index.php?module=config-post_icons
I'm tempted to go and manually remove them already, they are completely pointless in my opinion.
I already did. Feels good man.

[Image: g8wHh.png]
Well yea... but that now is starting to look more blog-ish instead of forum, and by forum i mean modern, not the old BBS days. No icons does look cool in it's own right, but I'd still prefer having them as it's another means of personal EXPRESSION. I have hundreds of well done animated smilies on my site which are great! and in my opinion having the ability to choose an image (post icon) to represent the content within a post or thread is fantastic. We're mostly visual communicators by nature, there's plenty of science available online to back that up, why limit the means in which to express information visually to just text and inserts? Even post banners may be an interesting idea (putting an image behind thread title, similar to title cards in film.)
(2012-03-16, 01:21 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]Well yea... but that now is starting to look more blog-ish instead of forum, and by forum i mean modern, not the old BBS days. No icons does look cool in it's own right, but I'd still prefer having them as it's another means of personal EXPRESSION. I have hundreds of well done animated smilies on my site which are great! and in my opinion having the ability to choose an image (post icon) to represent the content within a post or thread is fantastic. We're mostly visual communicators by nature, there's plenty of science available online to back that up, why limit the means in which to express information visually to just text and inserts? Even post banners may be an interesting idea (putting an image behind thread title, similar to title cards in film.)

One word (not counting those or this):
Plugins
Pages: 1 2