MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to understand the system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear fellow MyBB-ers,

I have been working on getting some code to run on my MyBB installation, but for some reason i seem to be missing something. I added a table in the database with some companies in it. There needs to be a page on the MyBB where a list off all these companies is shown. In a later stage my users will be able to select the company they are from, but let's not get too ahead on the situation xD.

I decided that it would be most usefull to build this as a plugin so that in a later stage it would be easy to up-grade and turn the system on/of. The problem i run into at this point is that i'm completely clueless on how to handle this. I have read the custom page tutorial and the plugin tutorial already. I have a plugin that i can turn on and off. And even letting my plugin display the list on an excisting page there is no problem. If i want to display the list of companies in the index i can just call the related hook and place a variable in the template where i want it to display.

Now the problem is. How do i build this for a custom page and custom template set?