MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the color of a specific border on specific page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is is possible to change the color of the line that appears under the avatar/poster name/post info box? In the theme I'm using, it's black, and therefore essentially invisible against the black background. Here's what I'm talking about:
[attachment=25719]

---------

Thank you very much for your assistance!

(If you need to see the site itself, it's http://www.jrpgclub.com/community)

---------

By adding a border command to trow1 I managed to get it displaying what I wanted it to, except on every page. Is there a way to get a certain color of line to display in just that one spot?
You can do this by editing the template,
You should have used the search tool before posting this thread.
You would have found a tutorial on how to do so.
Maybe I should be more clear about why I am trying to do (to prevent more rude replies).

Editing trow1 in the style sheet can change the color of that border, but it applies to every page. I'm curious if that bottom border of the avatar/username section can be changed, without having an effect on other pages.

Alternatively, since the theme I use now has a black (virtually invisible) border, I'd be fine with simply adding a line under the avatar and coloring it whatever I want. Preferably it would be the length of the post box (not short like the one above the signature)
Edit the template to assign it a new class and add a new class rule in your stylesheet. Such as

<table class="trow1 bordercolour">

.bordercolour {
  border-bottom: 1px solid red;
}

I suggest giving it 2 classes, but that isn't supported by old browsers like IE6. Then again, you shouldn't care about IE6 these days.
I understand what that does, and more or less what to do, but which template should I add the table class to?

I inserted an HR and it got the job done. Thanks anyway - you sent me looking in the right direction!
No problem.

If you can't find a specific template, there's an option in your general configuration to enable template name comments. When that is enabled, a comment will be added in the HTML source of the page at the start of each template.

Find the code in the sourcecode you want to change, find its template name, then look it up in the ACP.