MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to move my forum from www.domain.com to forum.domain.com What is the easiest way to go about this? Sorry if this is a novice question, I built my forum and let it sit for a good while, and honestly I forgot practually everything I learned when I was building it :-(
You can just move all of the MyBB files over to it, and change the inc/config.php to fix the cookie issue.
If you want to move all your files to a folder in your cPanel which is (Forum), just highlight everything in your index folder if thats were your MyBB files are, and then right click and then press move, and then put /forum into the field.

Easy.
1) Change board URL in Admin CP -> Configuration -> General configuration.
2) Create the subdomain forum.example.com and move your files from example.com's root to forum.example.com's root using FTP or your Cpanel file manager.

Note that if you are going to move your forum to a different domain (like example.com to example2.com) or to a different path (like example.com to example.com/forum) then you should change cookie domain and path too.

(2012-03-13, 03:31 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]You can just move all of the MyBB files over to it, and change the inc/config.php to fix the cookie issue.

Cookie data is located in inc/settings.php
(2012-03-13, 05:33 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]1) Change board URL in Admin CP -> Configuration -> General configuration.
2) Create the subdomain forum.example.com and move your files from example.com's root to forum.example.com's root using FTP or your Cpanel file manager.

Note that if you are going to move your forum to a different domain (like example.com to example2.com) or to a different path (like example.com to example.com/forum) then you should change cookie domain and path too.

(2012-03-13, 03:31 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]You can just move all of the MyBB files over to it, and change the inc/config.php to fix the cookie issue.

Cookie data is located in inc/settings.php

I dont need to change any of the cookie info under config>general config ?

exactly what should I be changing in the inc/config.php file?
Im assuming that once I figure out what I need to change in this inc/config.php file ill be good to go. Moved all files over to forum.mywebsite.net from www.mywebsite.net and deleted them all off of www.mywebsite.net went into general config and changed the info to forum.mywebsite.net but the forum is still showing up at both locations. Im assuming this is just a setting in that config.php file? When I looked it the file, it looks like all the same changes I can make on the general config tab though?