MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums Loading Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

My forums are loading slow. I have not really installed any plugins, not any I would think would cause the load time to increase. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to speed it up?

Checks and balances

Thanks
Forum URL? Which plugins do you have installed?
But you have installed plugins, you could try disabling them to see if the performance speeds up.

If you have chat boxes, try disabling them for a bit too.

Toggle the GZIP Compression on and off.
If on, it can boost downloading your pages, this can use more CPU usage.
So if the problem is in GPU usage, disable the GZIP compression.

Talk to your host as well, to see if the server it's on is under some DDOS attack or if another user on the same server is the culprit.

I've had users cause lag on the server I share by running some ridiculous scripts.
Plugins are

"Fit On Page"
"Form Manager"
"Whos Been Online Today"
"Top X Stats"

http://www.americansquarebody.com/forums
I did have the cbox chat plugin installed but I just uninstalled it. Maybe that was the plugin that was slowing it down.
Website is loading fine here. Even on my slow internet :s
The forum speeds doesn't seem too bad on my end right now, but you just mentioned you disabled the chat.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-114629-...33121.html

I have noticed you're using this theme.
And your images are being hosted directly by the author.

He's using BlueHost, a common shared hosting.
The speeds aren't that great IMO with shared hosts, I've experimented with them as a file server before.

Request the images from the author if you want to keep using that theme, and host it locally on your server.
Yeh I noticed that. I will go ahead and spend the time to get those images and upload them on my host. Yeh I just uninstalled the chat plugin and I think its better.

Thanks for the help guys.
I just got word that my host was having issues so it had nothing to do with mybb forums. Just thought I post an update. But thanks to all that helped.