MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have advertisements after a post in the format of a user post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: hUV36.png]

You see that? I need something like that ... that image should explain itself right?

I've been looking for AGES! but I can't find one ... I found one but you have to pay to download it ... Dodgy

Anyone know any free ones?
This is actually a plugin request, but anyways, XThreads can do that (customize first post)
just use one of the free ad pluigns that will insert an ad in tha tposition an then tweak the template it uses to look the way you want. if it does not use a template, it would be easy to make it use one that looks like a postbit
(2012-03-13, 08:24 PM)patrick Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually a plugin request, but anyways, XThreads can do that (customize first post)
I can't see it Confused
(2012-03-13, 08:29 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]just use one of the free ad pluigns that will insert an ad in tha tposition an then tweak the template it uses to look the way you want. if it does not use a template, it would be easy to make it use one that looks like a postbit
Im asking because I cant find a free ad plugin that works
I thought there were 1-2 that were free that inserts after the first post? If not, I apologize. if there is, modifying should be easy enough
(2012-03-13, 09:01 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I thought there were 1-2 that were free that inserts after the first post? If not, I apologize. if there is, modifying should be easy enough
There are, but I dunno how I can modify them ... im new to the whole mybb coding and theme stuff ... so if I told you which theme I was using ... could you help me find a way to make it look like the image I posted before? Where it fits in nicely like a user posted an advert?
(2012-03-13, 09:21 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=923
I've seen this, but it aint the one im looking for, this adds the advert to the user post ... I want it to act as a separate post with only the advert

Still can't find one ... Just spent another hour or so of searching ... the ones I find are just the advert ... no box or user like post theme around it Sad
After installation you can change the template and enclose the variable inside the box table.
(2012-03-14, 06:57 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]After installation you can change the template and enclose the variable inside the box table.
Is this possible with the My Advertisement one?
(2012-03-14, 06:57 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]After installation you can change the template and enclose the variable inside the box table.
I just came back from school and I wondered if this was possible with Novus 2 Tiger? If so how????

Oh I finally get what you mean! >.<

So would I edit the mode file? If so how?