MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just a thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many of you are using a 100% legal copy of windows???
(the second option means that the operating system is legal, but the microsoft software isnt)
We have three computers here and all three are running a legal Windows. We bought a laptop for my grandmother on one side and it runs a legal copy of Windows. We also bought a computer for my grandmother and grandfather on the other side and it doesn't run a legal copy now - my uncle put on an illegal copy - but we're going to install a legal copy this week.

So yeah - my family runs legal copies of Windows.
that was a quick reply! i just posted it like 10 seconds before

why legal? why do you want to pay so much for the software when you can get the same thing for cheaper?

if microsoft diddnt over price their software so much i will pay, but they are making billions of profit by over pricing their software.

what happened to the good old days when apple mac ruled, and there was compitition betwene the companys?? in them days they had to sell cheap! but now there is just microsoft! they can set their prises how ever high they want! if it wasnt for the ipod apple would have been bankrupt.
My laptop came with Microsoft on it and a Microsoft recovery disk.. so mine's legal. Though I do agree.. Microsoft over price their stuff.

Sometimes though i'll get a illegal copy of an operating system to see if it works then if it does then go buy the proper thing from a shop or eBay or something. Smile
Tabo Wrote:that was a quick reply! i just posted it like 10 seconds before

why legal? why do you want to pay so much for the software when you can get the same thing for cheaper?

if microsoft diddnt over price their software so much i will pay, but they are making billions of profit by over pricing their software.

what happened to the good old days when apple mac ruled, and there was compitition betwene the companys?? in them days they had to sell cheap! but now there is just microsoft! they can set their prises how ever high they want! if it wasnt for the ipod apple would have been bankrupt.
I pay for it because it suits my needs perfectly and because it is the software I use most of all. I also have a legal Office 2003 (though I am using Office 2007 beta now) because I use it often. It's fair to pay more for things you use often.
I’m duel booting Windows XP and Fedora Core 5. Both Operating Systems are legal. XP came with the laptop and Fedora is free anyway.

On one half of my hard drive, I have Linux. Only Free software is installed there and I bought every music file in my collection legally.
On the other side of my hard dive is XP. The software was equally free, but lets just say that some of those programs aren’t released under the GPL Toungue
I didn't buy adobe photoshop n illustrator Toungue and age of empires III. (well, actually I bought 'em but it's not my fault that we don't get 'real' cds/dvds here and everything's pirated Toungue ) .. Rest is all legal on my laptop since I bought it when I was out of the country.
Windows XP came on my Dell, so as far as I'm concerned, it's legit! I'm pretty sure all the rest of the software is legal as well.
Both XP on the laptop and Home PC are legit and Office2003 are also legit. but i wount comment on some of the other small nitty gritty software i have on the home pc Smile
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 - Legal
Microsoft Office 2003 - Legal (but I also have 2007 beta)

Everything else is legal because it's free Toungue
Pages: 1 2