MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why MyBB is not recommended for Huge Community?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today i am comparing the mybb fourm software at http://www.forum-software.org, and i found that mybb is not recommended for huge community size, it is only recommended for large community size only, why mybb can not handle huge community in compare to others like smf & phpbb.... please give me the answer... please..
What's the largest phpbb and smf forum you know of? Because MyBB's largest forum is likely bigger than theirs. Smile

I should know. It's my site.
i disgagree,mybb is also used by many huge communities,take our Support forums for example.

Mybb is the best free software available,Mybb can handle huge communities just like SMF or phpbb3.
I've seen a phpBB forum with over 35 million posts; although, I'm sure that's just a running total (whereas MyBB's stats are an 'accurate' total). To be honest, I haven't cared enough to pay attention to how they count their posts.

Either way, MyBB can certainly handle a forum of this size (give or take a few optimizations). labrocca currently runs a site with 16 million posts.
Why do you trust the recommendations of this website? I don't think the author has operated a huge community yet, it's probably just a guess.
With no user contribution all those sites are not reliable as it's most likely the owner(s) with their biased opinion.
And the website in your starting post is already known for being inaccurate anyway.