MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make the Portal.php the homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm trying to make the portal.php page the homepage of the forum, so if people navigate to my forum the fist page they see is the portal page.

I Have tryed a plugin but this not working, if I enable the plugin and I navigate to my forum a blank page shows up and the forum not working annymore!!!

I there a easy way to set the portal page is frontpage without difficult codes etc etc??

Thanks helping me!!
(2012-03-14, 01:55 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Try using this;
http://mods.mybb.com/view/portal-redirect-for-1-6

Jip thats the plugin thats not work for me!! I tryed the mod before posted this and if the mod is enable, and I go to my forum I have a blank page and nothing is showing.

So a sollution to fix the MOD or a diffrent way??
You can use htaccess to redirect users to your portal (in .htaccess paste following contentSmile

Quote:DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html
(2012-03-14, 02:28 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]You can use htaccess to redirect users to your portal (in .htaccess paste following contentSmile

Nope also not working, I have tryed the code at more places but stil the index set as homepage!!
(2012-03-14, 02:58 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-14, 02:28 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]You can use htaccess to redirect users to your portal (in .htaccess paste following contentSmile

Nope also not working, I have tryed the code at more places but stil the index set as homepage!!

you are correct in it does not change the home links or anything like that. the htaccess fix is only for going to your domain without specifying a file in the URL

is your forum in a subfolder or in the root of your site?

(2012-03-14, 03:39 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-14, 02:58 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]

you are correct in it does not change the home links or anything like that. the htaccess fix is only for going to your domain without specifying a file in the URL

is your forum in a subfolder or in the root of your site?
My forum is not in a submap or annything, the files are in the root directory. So can you help me with this Big Grin
there are a few threads in the user submitted tutorials that cover making portal the home page
(2012-03-14, 06:58 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]there are a few threads in the user submitted tutorials that cover making portal the home page

I had found a topic but there is a lot to edit, so a plugin was good for me because I never dear to edit templates or files because I have no test forum and everything is live and if something go wrong thats not good..

I don't understand why the plugin give a blank page with enable it ???
i did not realize there was a plugin. the last thing I recall reading was manual edits. i personally recommend putting the forum in a sub folder and then using my tutorial to get the portal as home page in the root folder
Pages: 1 2