MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions Conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've created a new category with two forum beneath it and want to allow certain members of my forum access to it. So I created a new user group and ticked the permissions so that when I move them into the group, they can see the new forums. The problem I'm having is that no matter how carefully I tick the proper permissions, they are able to see the Staff section, including the admin-only section which our moderators cannot even see.

The section which regular members can see is in the green rectangle. The new cat/fourms are in the red. When I move selected users into the new UG, not only can the see the new section in red, but they can also see the Staf section in yellow.
[attachment=25742]

I keep them in the primary UG and tick the new UG only (not Ctrl+Staff for example).
[attachment=25743]

Also, in the various permission categories I also make sure that none of the perms under the user group are ticked such as "Is an admin" etc. What am I missing?
It may be an idea to check the user permissions of the admin forum and other staff forums. In the Forum management in permissions check that the new usergroup has correct viewing rights for those forums.
Yep, that's the first thing I did - still, this new UG sees all the staff section.
Is this by chance a Can View Own Threads permission area too?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. This is a category with two forums. In the ACP I set the permissions for each group that I wanted to be able to see the two forums. Previous to that I had created a group in order to tick that as a secondary group in their account of the selected members.

This is probably not what you are asking, and I can see under user permissions "can edit own posts" etc. but I cannot find any "Can view own threads" anywhere. ???