MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New fields in user profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am a very fresh myBB Admin. So forgive any silly questions. And yes, I searched for answeres on the webn and forums before this post. :o)

I added two fields in the user profile. They appear, fine so far. But I also added a brief description (which is important in this case "This field is mandatory but not public"). But, my descriptions do not appear. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Masa
You didn't do anything wrong...unless I did to! My descriptions never show up either on the fields I've added. Never thought to post that here, though. Would this be a bug report, then?

Or the descriptions not supposed to show up?
the descriptions are only for your self. In order for you to show them on the pages, you would have to do code-change to output the description-field as well.

cheers,
Kimmo
Interesting - I can see the use of descriptions that show up to the user. Maybe it's worth to include an option for it.
Peter Wrote:Interesting - I can see the use of descriptions that show up to the user. Maybe it's worth to include an option for it.

That's right. Describing the fields is fine esp. when you have a group of admins and moderators. But, even more important is a decription for the user.

And: This is my work-around, having fieldsNAMES called "Surname (mandatory but hidden)" is odd.