MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Do I Start Making Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so i have been using mybb for some time now and i want to start making my own mods. but i dont know where to begin. i dont know what all i will need.

i would prefer a video tut if you know any
Well, it starts with learning PHP. You can start by studying the default "Hello World" plugin file and looking at how it works.

Also: [Wiki: Authoring_Plugins] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2012-03-16, 12:41 AM)LeGiZzY Wrote: [ -> ]OK so i have been using mybb for some time now and i want to start making my own mods. but i dont know where to begin. i dont know what all i will need.

i would prefer a video tut if you know any

it would be near impossible to produce a video to show how to produce a plugin as stated it would be good to learn PHP and HTML (with certain enviroments it may be better to echo the HTML from php). It may be a good place to start working out how a template works, then editing it to suit your needs, after that then write PHP code to integrate to yor template changes. don't forget when writing a mod/plugin you may/will need to write some code for your mod to display in the ACP which in turn may edit templates and call (from the template) another php file ... just do it in small steps and don't expect too much