MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apart Flame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've implemented Apart Flame in my forums and really love it - it's a great match for the colors in the rest of my site.

I've got a minor nit in that links are not so easy to see in forum postings because the text color is pretty close to the regular text color. It's not such a big deal in places where you expect to see a link (like in the index, etc)... but if someone includes a link in the middle of a regular post, it's easy to miss.

I'm thinking about changing this, but fairly new to MyBB so I still don't have a full appreciation/understanding of how to do things "the MyBB way"... I don't want to just take a chainsaw and hack away at it, yanno?

Also, I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on how to approach this from a designer's perspective. I don't want to upset the whole zen balance that Justin has worked hard to create.

Re: doing things from a "MyBB way" I believe the changes would be made to the CSS here, correct?

a:link {
	color: #555;
	text-decoration: none;
}

a:visited {
	color: #444;
	text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover, a:active {
	color: #000;
	text-decoration: underline;
}

But that covers *all* links, including links in the index and so on that I'm OK with. I suppose it'd take some new classes and some code hacking to affect only the links in posts? Not sure I want to go there just yet.

To the designers... what would be good colors to use with this theme if I'm not happy with the subtle shades of gray? Shades of red, I suppose?

Really do love the theme - but I noticed this 'issue' myself, and also had a couple people mention it too.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Try trow links, .trow. that should sort it
(2012-03-16, 09:58 PM)roggers Wrote: [ -> ]Try trow links, .trow. that should sort it

I'll look into that, thanks.

- gf