MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, this is stupid, but it's bothering me.

My attachment number is one above the actual attachments. For instance, I just used attachment 9 according to the board, but it's only actually attachment 8.

How can I get them back insync?
Are you talking about Attachment IDs?

EX: Your newest attachment has an ID of 9, but there are only 8 attachments on the board itself.

This is due to one of the attachments being deleted, and there is no way of getting them back in sync without modifying many rows in the database.
Well, none of them were actually deleted. I uploaded one, and never used it, therefore it never showed on any post, as the post was never submitted.

It's just something small that's really buggin' me.

Like I said, I only have 8 attachments, but I'm on ID 10 now.

If I were to delete the attachments table in the database, what SQL would I execute to get it back? I'll just start over, it's no problem really.
Nevermind, I took a quite glance at a tutorial, along with the original MyBB database, and created the table fine. I know some SQL now, awesome!
This will happen on any forum. For example if you unapprove or delete a post/thread, then your totals would be less than the new post ID or thread ID.