MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trademarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not getting it. Can you use the same name if you're not selling similar products/services?
I 95% sure the answer is no. But, I would consult a lawyer to make sure.
I am not a lawyer, but I think you can use a similar trademark if there's absolutely no chance that you could get the two confused (e.g. McDonalds is trademarked, but I'm positive there are other businesses called McDonalds; they just don't sell fast food and they're not yellow and gold). Things like logos are more or less impossible to prove there will be no confusion (and are probably also copyrighted anyway) so don't bother with them.

Again, I am not a lawyer so you should definitely ask one in a legal capacity (i.e. probably paid if most layers work the way I think they do).
No. You can't use same Trademark even if the goods are entirely different.

Intellectual property rights is a paper during my Engineering degree, and i'm pretty sure i studied this there.
To be honest, even though some people here might have the knowledge to give you an answer, you are far better off:
a) asking a lawyer
b) checking with the website for patents and trademarks in you country ( eg: uspto.gov rigs a bell for the US) as they will probably have some info.