MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation in new version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the upcoming version of MyBB, is the reputation system going to be 'weighted' like vBulletin? So if my rep level is 12, then I can +/- 12 points when I add to someone's reputation?

Thanks,
Jordan
No. In the permissions, each usergroup has a maximum reputation weight, and users can choose how to weigh each reputation up to their maximum.
So you can only rate the user once? That's not good if the user continues to make good contribution...?
AQuarius Wrote:So you can only rate the user once? That's not good if the user continues to make good contribution...?

In the old system, you could give as many reps as you watted, thus it was abused. Sad
Yeah, the new reputation will be more likely a "reputation".

In this way though, I think something new must be made for the rating of posts. A thread rating system like this: http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.a...sg=35637.1 (see first post)
You will be able to change your reputation vote on the other user at a later time.
I know. But it focus more on the User rather than the post in that way. Thread rating itself is not enough now with the new reputation system.. unless there's an indication of how many how have rated for the thread rating in the showthread page.