MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Mybb Version Full Of Problems!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi folks,
After I carried Update for mybb from 1.6.2 to latest version I'm getting bundle of problems.
1: When I try to upload rar file (rar is already added in attachment types) I got this error: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

Knowing that the file size allowed is 5 MB and the rar file is few KB's!!!

2: Strange thing was that when the attachments upload works, but the poster words were not saved... and his post is empty of words!!!

3: Unread posts which extremely have lots of troubles!! If we did find that problem about access authorization then unread posts will not show as bold.. This is happening randomly.

4: And so many other problem....

I updated all my plugins and tried several ways to fix these issue but looks like we have big conflict between this version and the previous versions!!!

Also the latest plugin about invite users to register in the forum is not working any more!!!

More over some times user's (ot admins or moderators ) post there posts and they cant see it just after... in this case they are making double posts and wait then they can see there posts....

Really I dont know from where I will start...

Is there a way to downgrade mybb Version?

Please this is what I need because trying to fix all those troubles may not work.

Best regards.
Yes, you can downgrade. Find older versions here.
maybe next version fix all that issue
Downgrading is the last thing you want to do. There have been numerous bug fixes, security updates and new features added since 1.6.2. What's your URL?

Try going to to ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification >> Yes and reupload any files that show in red there.
Thank u all for replies...

Well I know downgrade is bad choice and I could assure that I had back doors in the previous versions.

Lets we try to solve them:
1st I entered to my site root /etc/php4/apache/php.ini
I edited the limits ( Increase file upload size and post limit size). and I checked in ACP all limits are Ok.
When I try to upload file around 400 KB or Above the browser will show the % of upload then for ex 50% then will go 12 % then 40 % then 15 % then the page will go off (This webpage is not available) If I refresh I get this message: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.
File Verification is Ok also> The results are only missing in install folder because I changed its name.

Note that: I disabled all Plugins and still same Issue.

Best regards.
Forum URL?
(2012-03-17, 04:37 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Forum URL?

mhhauto.com
Just in case u find my forum against any of ur rules so let me know what are they and I change... Dont Stop me from support. I already made donation and new are on the way. If every user here donate to mybb it will be the best ever...

I have these in ACP:
Max Upload / POST Size 200M / 200M Average Attachment Size 133.38 KB
However If I upload file like 500KB the site will go offline.
If I refresh I get this message: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.

Since registration is disabled in the board here is a test user:
UN: usertest
PW:Mhh112233 (case sensitive)

Best regards.
Quote:1: When I try to upload rar file (rar is already added in attachment types) I got this error: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.
I see this happen sometimes as an anomaly with cookies and cache. Try same action from a different browser.

Also after upgrading did you run the "Find Updated Templates" tool? That's an important step.

You seem to have some oddball behavior and it might be related to cache. Does your site run xcache or eaccelerator? You can check in your php.ini.
Just because maybe this is just me... Did you re-activate all your plugins ? I upgraded to 1.6.6, and after a few shortcomings I've found it to be a nice step forward. But I did have to go through, and deactivate / reactivate all my plugins. Have you tried doing that to get the non-responsive ones working ?
(2012-03-17, 08:15 AM)Warrior01 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can downgrade. Find older versions here.

Its not so easy to just downgrade, if you don't have recent back-ups of your previous installation. I actually advise against downgrading cause it can cause so many problems.
You said you updated from 1.6.2 to 1.6.6. In that time there were a lot of new files added and changes to the way some plugins worked.

Before you say 1.6.6 has lots of problems please check that you updated all the required files, that you have verified your plugins are compliant and that you are testing on the default theme with updated templates.
Then you can look at adding plug-ins back in etc.
Pages: 1 2 3