MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: too many connections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this error when visiting my forum:

Quote:mySQL error: 1040
Too many connections
Query:

Did I get hacked again? Sad
Too many connections is when there is more then an set number of connections (Host sets) that is connection at the same time, this is an common problem for hosts with many pages.
To solve the problem do the following. Make a file, let's call it test.php for the sake of argument. In that file put the following code:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

That is it. No HTML code is needed in this page. Save the file then upload it to your server. Then you can post the address of the file or you can PM me and I will tell you how to read the file to show you how many connections are allowed by your host.
How could he see that in the phpinfo? 0o
That's an mysql setting. Not related to PHP.

To read more look here
I am aware that this is a mySQL setting. However, the phpinfo file does show mySQL statistics. It tells you the max connections, max persistant connections, timeout values, etc.

I am assuming that this individual does not have a dedicated server and cannot change the value for the mySQL max connections. So instead of having people see the mySQL error, he can change the value in the Admin CP of myBB to reflect that of his host so his users see a myBB busy page instead of a mySQL error page. It's just a fact that people would continue browsing a site more likely and refresh the page to reload it if they see an actual page with an error as opposed to mySQL or Apache errors on the page.
How do I do that? Enter a value in the "*NIX Load Limiting" ?
Yup you may have to mess around with it for a wile befor it will come up. You just have to get rid of the MySQL error. People will just have a nicer error to look at. Toungue