MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: issues registering on my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
having some issues with registration on my forum. when hitting the submit button, it redirects to the /member.php page, but this is what it shows:

[attachment=25772]

the account never does get registered. what could be the cause? I'm not sure if this is happening each time because we are seeing some new registrations, but some users have been emailing us saying they're having problems.

site url:
http://shavenook.com
do u hav any newly installed plugins? try disabling them one at a time and try reging. I had a similar issue, anti spam plugin was the problem Smile
(2012-03-17, 05:55 PM)akito tenkawa Wrote: [ -> ]do u hav any newly installed plugins? try disabling them one at a time and try reging. I had a similar issue, anti spam plugin was the problem Smile

nothing as of late.

which anti-spam plugin was giving you that problem?

here's my list of currently active plugins:

Advanced Quick Reply Form (1.0.3)
Auto Media (2.0.1)
Contact Form (3.1)
Fit on Page (2.3)
Google Analytics (1.5)
MyBB GoMobile (1.0 Beta 4)
Goodbye Spammer (1.0)
Google SEO (1.6.3)
Login Password Conversion (1.3)
PluginLibrary (6)
Registration Security Question (1.2)
Settings Cleaner (2.0)
Stop forum spam (1.2)
Trash Can Forum (2.0)
XThreads v1.47
(2012-03-17, 07:30 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-17, 05:55 PM)akito tenkawa Wrote: [ -> ]do u hav any newly installed plugins? try disabling them one at a time and try reging. I had a similar issue, anti spam plugin was the problem Smile

nothing as of late.

Auto Media (2.0.1)
Contact Form (3.1)
Fit on Page (2.3)
Google Analytics (1.5)
Goodbye Spammer (1.0)
Google SEO (1.6.3)
PluginLibrary (6)
Settings Cleaner (2.0)
Stop forum spam (1.2)
Trash Can Forum (2.0)
XThreads v1.47
Stop forum spam (1.2)
(2012-03-17, 11:14 PM)akito tenkawa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-17, 07:30 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]

nothing as of late.

Auto Media (2.0.1)
Contact Form (3.1)
Fit on Page (2.3)
Google Analytics (1.5)
Goodbye Spammer (1.0)
Google SEO (1.6.3)
PluginLibrary (6)
Settings Cleaner (2.0)
Stop forum spam (1.2)
Trash Can Forum (2.0)
XThreads v1.47
Stop forum spam (1.2)

I'll try disabling it out once I get home. oddly enough, it was giving me issues when registering on my home computer, but at work, no issues whatsoever.
ok, disabled the stop forum spam plugin and it still didn't fix the issue, in fact, it seems to be worse now.

I tried this is 3 different browsers and they all produce different problems.

in FF 11, it shows the page full of odd text, in IE9 is asks me if I want to save or open member_action?action=register and in google chrome 17.0.963.79 m, it says the page cannot be found.

more screenshots:

[attachment=25774]
[attachment=25775]
[attachment=25776]

when running the file verification tool, it shows the following files where changed and/or missing:

**functions.php was changed by the google seo plugin, editor.js was changed by myself to add some code to fix an IE issue with a plugin and portal.php was renamed to portal.php.orig because I'm running pro portal. I'm not sure what's going on with init.php.**

inc/functions.php Changed
inc/init.php Changed
jscripts/editor.js Changed
portal.php Changed
inc/plugins/hello.php Missing
install/images/bullet.gif Missing
install/images/content_bg.gif Missing
install/images/error_bg.gif Missing
install/images/h2-admin.gif Missing
install/images/h2-config.gif Missing
install/images/h2-createtables.gif Missing
install/images/h2-dbconfig.gif Missing
install/images/h2-finish.gif Missing
install/images/h2-license.gif Missing
install/images/h2-requirements.gif Missing
install/images/h2-tablepopulate.gif Missing
install/images/h2-theme.gif Missing
install/images/h2-welcome.gif Missing
install/images/index.html Missing
install/images/submit_bg.gif Missing
install/images/tcat_bg.gif Missing
install/images/thead_bg.gif Missing
install/index.php Missing
install/resources/adminoptions.xml Missing
install/resources/adminviews.xml Missing
install/resources/index.html Missing
install/resources/language.lang.php Missing
install/resources/mybb_theme.xml Missing
install/resources/mysql_db_inserts.php Missing
install/resources/mysql_db_tables.php Missing
install/resources/output.php Missing
install/resources/pgsql_db_tables.php Missing
install/resources/settings.xml Missing
install/resources/sqlite_db_tables.php Missing
install/resources/tasks.xml Missing
install/resources/upgrade1.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade10.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade11.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade12.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade13.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade14.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade15.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade16.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade17.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade18.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade19.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade2.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade20.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade21.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade22.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade3.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade4.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade5.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade6.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade7.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade8.php Missing
install/resources/upgrade9.php Missing
install/resources/usergroups.xml Missing
install/stylesheet.css Missing
install/upgrade.php Missing

I have also disabled gzip compression and it seems to work for 1 or 2 registrations and then it says that the page cannot be found when you try clicking on the registration link.
To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following:

Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> General configuration >> Disable all plugins >> YES

Then save and/or reupload this edited version of the file so the forum will run the new code.

This will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this code is in place. When you remove this code, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this code is added, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this code added, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.

Reupload ./inc/init.php too if there's no reason for it to be changed.
(2012-03-18, 06:42 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following:

Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> General configuration >> Disable all plugins >> YES

Then save and/or reupload this edited version of the file so the forum will run the new code.

This will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this code is in place. When you remove this code, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this code is added, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this code added, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.

Reupload ./inc/init.php too if there's no reason for it to be changed.

save and reupload what edited version of what file?

I disabled all my plugins using the options you mentioned and kept my gzip on 4, there were no problems whatsoever.

keeping the gzip enabled and then enabling the plugins again and trying to register caused problems. since someone mentioned having issues with stop forum spam, I disabled that, kept all of the other plugins enabled, kept gzip enabled and then tried registering again. more of the same problems with the funky text. so it's one of these plugins causing a problem:

*for the sake of testing, I'm striking out any of the plugins I disabled that did not stop the funky text from showing up*

Auto Media (2.0.1)
Contact Form (3.1)
Fit on Page (2.3)
Google Analytics (1.5)
Goodbye Spammer (1.0)
Google SEO (1.6.3)
PluginLibrary (6)
Settings Cleaner (2.0)
Stop forum spam (1.2)
Trash Can Forum (2.0)
XThreads v1.47

a fresh copy of /inc/init.php was uploaded.

edited to add that it seems to be happening after hitting the "register" link once a user is newly created.

[attachment=25782]
[attachment=25783]
^ I think two messages got mixed up. If you disable the plugins using the toggle in the ACP, you are good to see what happens.
There might be some problem on the register hook where some plugin possibly runs a query, however am not sure what plugin it might be causing.

Try to disable and see following plugins:

login password conversion

Also are you using xThreads for any member registration related area?
(2012-03-19, 06:06 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]There might be some problem on the register hook where some plugin possibly runs a query, however am not sure what plugin it might be causing.

Try to disable and see following plugins:

login password conversion

Also are you using xThreads for any member registration related area?

ok, I disabled the login password conversion, tried registering a new username (that worked fine), and then ran into the normal problem I've been having: after you get the welcome message by default after registering a new account, if I hit "register" again, it takes me to that odd text.

you can test it here too, if you wish:
http://shavenook.com

I'm only currently using the xthreads plugin for a link directory.
Pages: 1 2